Observe and report all safety and/or security hazards relating to visitors, members and staff. Gallery officers, inventory, inspect and report any damages to property and artwork. The gallery officer position is under the supervision of the security management team within the Museum Operations Department.
Performing security patrols by foot, positively interact with the public for the enhancement of their visit, responding to emergencies as outlined in the museum’s Emergency Action Plan. Gallery officers monitor movement of staff, visitors, contractors, assets, equipment and materials. Gallery officers perform access control duties, provide security at all museum and private functions. Gallery officers also serve as the museum’s night patrol officer(s). Gallery officers are required to participate in all on- going training in CPR, first aid, AED, situational awareness and stewards of children. Gallery officers must always maintain a high level of customer service.
• Experience in security, public safety, military and/or customer service preferred.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• High School Diploma
• Valid state driver’s license
• Ability to be firm as the situation requires
• High degree of professionalism and works well with others
• Must be able to obtain a TN State Unarmed Security License with 90 days of employment. This course is provided at no cost to employee.
The Gallery Officer position is full time and benefits are provided. These benefits are as follows: 13 paid Holidays, Major Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability, 403(B) Retirement, Vacation and Sick Leave.
Competitive up to 15.00 per hour
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested