Black Lodge Film Series
We invite you all to join us for our film series programmed by Memphis favorite, Black Lodge Video. “For over 25 years, Black Lodge has been an artistic and cultural crossroads for the city of Memphis, offering a home for movies, live music, video gaming, performance art, and live entertainment. It is also one of the last great film rental libraries, offering one of the largest collections anywhere in America with over 35,000 movies from across history and around the world.”
Spend the afternoon with us for one (or all) of these classic film screenings in the Dorothy K. Hohenberg Auditorium here at your art museum.
- The Exorcist (1973): When a young girl is possessed by a mysterious entity, her mother seeks the help of two priests to save her daughter.
- Bride of Frankenstein (1935): Mary Shelley reveals the main characters of her novel survived: Dr. Frankenstein, goaded by an even madder scientist, builds his monster a mate.
- The Old Dark House (1932): Seeking shelter from a storm, five travelers are in for a bizarre and terrifying night when they stumble upon the Femm family estate.
- The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993): Jack Skellington, king of Halloween Town, discovers Christmas Town, but his attempts to bring Christmas to his home causes confusion.
- Gremlins (1984): A young man inadvertently breaks three important rules concerning his new pet and unleashes a horde of malevolently mischievous monsters on a small town.
- Citizen Kane (1941): Following the death of publishing tycoon Charles Foster Kane, reporters scramble to uncover the meaning of his final utterance: 'Rosebud.'
- Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (1939): A naive youth leader is appointed to fill a vacancy in the U.S. Senate. His idealistic plans promptly collide with corruption at home and subterfuge from his hero in Washington, but he tries to forge ahead despite attacks on his character.
- Malcolm X (1992): Biographical epic of the controversial and influential Black Nationalist leader, from his early life and career as a small-time gangster, to his ministry as a member of the Nation of Islam and his eventual assassination.
5:30 - 8:00p
Black Lodge Film Series: Nightmare before Christmas & Gremlins
We invite you all to join us for our film series programmed by Memphis favorite, Black Lodge Video