Who are we?
Brooks Teens is an after school program that unites 9-12th graders from across the city under the common interest of visual art and provides teens with real world experience for success in work or college. Members collaborate with Brooks staff to execute a special project such as organizing an exhibition, developing a museum program, or planning an event. Teens also enjoy team building and enrichment through workshops with local artists, gallery activities, and field trips. The program begins in September and ends in April. Members meet two Thursdays per month from 4:30-6:30 p.m. with the exception of one meeting in December.
What makes a good candidate for the Brooks Teens?
If you are interested in joining Brooks Teens, please submit this short application. You will be contacted during recruitment in the summer months.
- Interest in visual art, art history, art making, museum work, or careers in art
- Interest in making new friends
- Currently enrolled in grade 9, 10, 11, or 12
- Can commit to one year of participation
- Little or no after-school activities
- Available on Thursday evenings from 4:30-6:30 pm
- Has access to transportation
- Has ideas and is open to sharing
Teens are interviewed before being accepted into the program. The goals of the interview are:
For more information about Brooks Teens contact [email protected].
- To determine if the candidate can commit to the program.
- To learn about his/her unique skills and interests.
- Teens also gain the experience of interviewing for a job or internship in safe environment.
Like Brooks Teens on Facebook!
Watch the Brooks Teens on YouTube: