We'll teach you everything you need to know!
Share the wonders of art in the Brooks’ permanent collection
and special exhibitions with visitors of all ages. Volunteer as a museum
guide. No prior experience required! We will provide you with the training needed.
- A love of art
- An interest in working with children and visitors
of all ages
- A passion for learning and teaching
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Regular access to the internet and a current
- A two-year commitment to the docent program
- Attend the required 6-month training class ($25
- After training, be available one day per week
(Wed-Fri) to conduct tours between 10am and 2pm
- After training, attend monthly meetings which
are for on-going training/enrichment
*Candidates attend a six-month training course in art
history, the art in the Brooks’ permanent collection, touring techniques, and
education practices. Classes are
conducted weekly on Wednesday and Thursday 12:30-3:00pm beginning in September
excluding holiday weeks.
- Free course in art history and touring
techniques, teaching and learning practices
- Opportunities for continuing education and
personal growth (for example, curator tours, guest lectures, field trips to
- Support of an enthusiastic and dedicated peer
- Brooks Docent Book Club
- Discounts on museum membership, the Brooks
Museum Store, and the Brushmark Restaurant
you are interested in learning more about becoming a volunteer docent call
901-544-6244 or submit an inquiry through the form below.